Paneer Achari Tikka, Indian Starter
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 26 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21038 times
Crisp outside, succulent inside, and masaledar to the core, the Paneer Achari Tikka is a tongue-tickling starter that is sure to gear up your digestive system!
Here, the paneer cubes are marinated in a chatpata mix of curds, spices and pickle masala and then cooked on a tava. We have used only the masala from the mango pickle avoiding the mango pieces.
Also, the tikkas are to be cooked just before serving to enjoy the best texture – otherwise they will get chewy. You will love the really achari taste of this paneer tikka – go for it!
Try other tikka recipes like the Paneer Amritsari Tikka or Pahadi Paneer Tikka Wrap .
- Heat a small non-stick pan put the coriander seeds, methi seeds, nigella seeds and dry roast it on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Cool slightly and blend in a mortal pestle (khalbatta) till coarse.
- Combine the curds, mango pickle, prepared coarse powder, turmeric powder, chilli powder, ginger-garlic paste, garam masala and salt and whisk well.
- Add the paneer cubes, mix gently and keep aside for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- In a skewer insert 3 marinated paneer pieces at regular intervals.
- Repeat step 5 to make 9 more tikkas.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a non-stick tava (griddle), place 5 skewers on it and cook on a medium flame till it turns light brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat step 7 to cook 5 more tikkas in 1 more batch.
- Serve immediately with onion slices, lemon wedges and green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tikka
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.