Oats Nimki, Low Salt Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2693 times
Nimki is a crunchy, diamond-shaped savoury Bengali snack. It is characterised by its crispness and appetizing flavour of cumin and pepper.
It can be enjoyed plain, or with tongue-tickling green chutney green chutney. In this recipe, we have combined whole wheat flour with oats to make a heart-healthy Oats Nimki.
Spices like pepper and jeera make up for the reduction in salt, ensuring that this healthy version tastes just as good as the traditional one.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into semi-stiff dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a thin round circle of 150 mm. (6”) diameter using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Cut each circle into 8 equal size long strips and keep aside. You will get 48 strips in all.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the strips, a few at a time, on hot tava (griddle), while pressing them using folded muslin cloth or khakhra press, till they turn crisp and golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Cool completely and serve or store in an air-tight container
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.