Moong Sprouts Dapka Kadhi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21946 times
Serve this gujarati delicacy in any party, and keep that winning smile ready for you will be accosted by one to many compliments! the addition of moong sprouts gives your guests a health boost as well as a tasty treat.
- Combine the moong sprouts, green chilies and ginger along with little water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer to a bowl, add the salt, asafoetida, turmeric powder, coriander, fenugreek leaves and besan and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add in a little dapka batter at a time using your fingertips to form dumplings and deep-fry till they turn light golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Remove, drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the curds and besan in a bowl, whisk well till smooth.
- Add 3 cups water and whisk well till no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the fenugreek seeds, cinnamon, cloves, curry leaves and asafoetida, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the prepared curds-besan mixture, salt, green chilli paste, mix well and allow it to boil for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the turmeric powder, mix well and boil again for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, bring the kadhi to boil, add the prepared dapkas. Mix gently and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.