Moong Dal Chila
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23024 times
The wholesome moong dal are soaked, ground and then made into healthy and tasty Moong dal chilas. A perfect breakfast or tiffin option, enriched with proteins and nutrients, the moong dal chila is paired with ketchup or enjoyed with bread toasts.
- Combine the moong dal flour, ginger-green chilli paste, asafoetida, sugar and salt and add enough water to make a thick batter.
- Add the fruit salt and mix gently.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava and spread it evenly to make a thin pancake (approx. 5" diameter).
- Sprinkle with a portion of the topping mixture and cook on both sides over a medium flame, using a littl
- Repeat for the remaining batter to make 7 more chilas.
- Serve hot
This recipe was contributed by kvsantha on 21 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.