Mixed Dal in A Microwave
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 309 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29453 times
Dal is one of the main sources of proteins for vegetarians, and hence a part of the staple diet of most Indians.
This wholesome, non-spicy recipe pools in the goodness of three varieties of dal—moong, masoor and urad.
While that makes it special for the health-watcher, the highlight for the food-lover is the fact that it is tempered in butter and not in ghee.
That imparts a special, virgin taste to the dish, making it truly irresistible. Feast on hot rice with mixed dal!
- Combine all the dals with 1½ cups of hot water in a microwave safe bowl, cover it with a lid and soak for 30 minutes.
- Add the salt and turmeric powder and mix well. Cover it with a microwave safe lid and microwave on high for 15 minutes. Keep aside.
- Put the butter in another microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the cumin seeds and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, onions, green chillies, ginger, chilli powder, coriander, cooked dals and little salt, mix well and microwave on high for 4 minutes, while stirring once after 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.