by Tarla Dalal
Added to 53 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 60238 times
Although it sounds very exotic, couscous is nothing but broken wheat cooked in water or milk, something that everybody can prepare easily at home. A traditional food of Northern Africa, it is a great source of iron. Minty Couscous is a flavourful variant in which couscous is enhanced with chopped veggies, coriander and mint, along with a dash of lemon juice.The ingredients accompanying the couscous pull in sufficient vitamin C to enhance the absorption of iron and improve blood circulation.
- Clean and wash the broken wheat thoroughly.
- Combine the broken wheat and milk in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till it is tender. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Combine all the ingredients, including the cooked broken wheat, in a deep bowl and mix gently.
- Refrigerate for at least half an hour.
- Serve chilled.
- Cook the broken wheat at step 1 till it is parboiled and not overcooked.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.