Methi Pudla, Methi Pudla Using Whole Wheat Flour
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15928 times
Delicious pancakes of whole wheat flour and besan perked up with chopped fenugreek and spice powders, the Methi Pudla is a fantastic choice for breakfast. It can even be enjoyed with evening tea or for dinner.
While pudlas can be made plain or with other veggies, the Methi Pudla has a universal appeal because of the rich aroma of fenugreek and its special flavour, which is slightly bitter but very appealing to the palate. A teaspoon of garlic paste adds to the flavour of this delicious snack, making it all the more irresistible. Serve the Methi Pudla fresh off the tava, with crisp toasts and tea.
- Combine the methi and little salt in a bowl, mix well and keep aside for 15 minutes. Squeeze out all the excess water.
- Transfer the methi into a deep bowl, add all the other ingredients and approx. 1½ cups of water and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using a little oil.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava (griddle) and spread in a circular motion to make a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle.
- Cook on a medium flame, using little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 5 more pudlas.
- Serve immediately with toasts.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per pudla
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.