Methi Mutter Malai, Microwave Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 361 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31897 times
What makes this recipe so popular is that it has a rich feel about it, but at the same time it is quick and easy to make using the microwave oven!
The gravy that hosts the green peas has the vibrant colour and dynamic flavour of methi leaves, made rich and luscious by the addition of cream.
A paste of cashew, poppy seeds and popular taste-enhancers ginger and onions, gives the gravy its intense taste and also contributes to the mouth-feel.
Enjoy this delicious Methi Mutter Malai with any Indian bread or rice dish of your choice. You may also like to try other convenient microwave recipes like the Mutter Pulao and Paneer Kalimirch .
- Combine the fenugreek leaves, little salt in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out all the water and keep aside.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of oil in a microwave safe bowl, add the cumin seeds and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the fenugreek leaves, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the green peas with 2 tablespoons of water in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Keep aside (do not drain the water).
- Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and the prepared paste in a microwave safe bowl, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the milk, fresh cream, sugar, cooked fenugreek, green peas and a little salt, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||703 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||14.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.