Mawa Peda, Quick Mava Peda, Khoya Peda
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 468 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 106559 times
Festival or no festival, Indians love sweets! And, with the festival season just around the corner, the search for easy but tasty sweets only becomes more intense.
Well, here is one recipe that is sure to make it to your book of favourites. The traditional, evergreen mithai Mawa Peda has been made easy and quick using readymade mawa. Make sure you use regular mawa for this peda and not the hariyali mawa that is used to make Gulab Jamun.
This Mawa Peda is quicker than most other pedas but retains its authenticity and traditional charm. It will last for a week if stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
You can also try other mithais using mawa like Amrit Modak , Jaripalla Churma and Kopra Pak .
- Put the mawa in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Transfer the mixture into a large plate, cool for atleast 20 minutes.
- Add the sugar and cardamom powder and mix very well with your hands.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into 22 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a ball and then flatten it slightly in between your palms. Form a depression in the centre, put an almond sliver in it and press it lightly.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container and refrigerate it. Use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per peda
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.