- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Malai Peda in Hindi)
- ગુજરાતી માં વાંચો (Malai Peda in Gujarati)
Added to 528 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 164813 times
One of the most well-known of Indian mithai, the Malai Peda is as rich as a sweet can get. A special process of curdling full-fat milk turns it into a richly textured product like khoya, which when flavoured with cardamom and saffron becomes an intensely aromatic dessert that nobody can resist.
While the spicy fragrance and intense flavour make it a hit with adults, the amazing texture and succulent mouth-feel make it popular with kids. In all respects, the Malai Peda is nothing short of a blockbuster!
You can also try other peda recipes like Mava Peda or Amrit Peda .
- Boil the milk in a deep non-stick pan on a high flame, while stirring twice in between. This will take approx. 4 to 5 minutes.
- Reduce the flame to medium and cook for 15 minutes or till the milk reduces to half its quantity, while stirring occasionally and scraping the sides of the pan.
- Meanwhile, combine the saffron and warm milk in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Add the sugar and saffron-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally and scraping the sides of the pan.
- Simultaneously, combine the cornflour and the milk in a small bowl and mix well till the cornflour dissolves completely. Keep aside.
- Also combine the citric acid and 1 tbsp of water in a small bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Gradually add the cornflour-milk mixture and citric acid mixture to the boiling milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 4 to 5 minutes or till the mixture resembles mava (khoya), while stirring continuously and scrapping the sides of the pan.
- Transfer it to a plate, spread with the help of a flat spatula and keep aside to cool for 30 minutes.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions and shape each portion in between your palms into a flat round.
- Garnish each peda with pistachio and almond and press it gently.
- Serve or store refrigerated till use.
- These pedas stay fresh in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for at least a week.
Malai Peda Video of Tarla Dalal
Malai Peda recipe with step by step photos
We have a huge collection of Indian Dessert recipes on our website. So, apart from Malai Peda recipe, you can try out other recipes like:
Take a deep non-stick pan and put the milk into it. Let it get boiled on a high flame, while stirring twice in between with the help of a flat spoon. It will take approx. 4 to 5 minutes.
Now, reduce the flame to medium and cook for about 15 minutes or till the milk reduces to half its quantity. Keep stirring occasionally to prevent the milk from getting burnt. Scrape the sides of the pan and bring everything towards the centre.
In the meantime, take warm milk in a small bowl.
Put the saffron into it. Mix well and keep aside.
Now, add the sugar into the milk.
Also, add the saffron-milk mixture into it.
Mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally and scraping the sides of the pan.
Simultaneously, take the corn flour in a deep bowl.
Add the milk into it. Mix it up well till the corn flour gets completely dissolved into the the milk. Keep aside. This mixture will help to thicken the milk.
Furthermore, take the citric acid in a deep bowl and add 1 tbsp of water into it. Mix well and keep aside.
Gradually, add the corn flour-milk mixture and citric acid mixture to the boiling milk and mix well using a flat spoon.
Cook on a medium flame for another 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.. The mixture will resemble mava (khoya) or whole dried milk. Scrapping the sides of the pan is important at this stage to prevent the milk solids at the sides from burning.
Transfer this mixture to a clean and dry plate. Spread it with the help of a flat spatula and keep aside to cool for about 30 minutes or it is cool enough to touch.
Add the cardamom powder for its slighty spicy yet tangy flavour and mix well.
Divide the malai peda mixture into 16 equal portions.
Shape each portion of the Malai peda in between your palms into a flat round disc.
Garnish each peda with pistachio and almond and press it gently. You can use any other dry fruit.
Serve the Malai Pedas immediately or store in a refrigerator till use. The shelf life of pedas is about 15 days if kept refrigerated.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per peda
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.