Matha Chi Bhaji
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26459 times
A tasty subzi loaded with iron and proteins, the matha chi bhaji is typical homely fare as the sprouts and amaranth are cooked with common ingredients in a very simple fashion, which retains the flavour and nutrients. It is something you can have everyday, for its simplicity, utility and memorable taste!
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, turmeric powder, chilli powder and garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 minutes or till the onions are soft.
- Add the amaranth leaves, sprouted moong and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water, sugar and salt and mix well. Cover and cook on a slow flame for 15 to 20 minutes or till the sprouted moong are cooked, while stirring occasionally in between to avoid the vegetable from sticking at the bottom of the pan.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.