Masala Khakhra, Whole Wheat Masala Khakhra Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 209 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 244920 times
Masala Khakhra, I usually make a large batch of these and store them in an air-tight container for those hungry times. They stay well for several days and make an ideal low calorie snack for you and your family.
With a little imagination and a wee bit of effort, you can spice them differently or even experiment with different kinds of flours like jowar , bajra to make delicious low calorie munchies.
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into a soft dough without using any water.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll out each portion into a very thin round of 175 mm. (7") diameter using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each khakhra on a slow flame till pink spots appear on both the sides.
- Continue cooking the khakhra on a slow flame, while pressing with a folded muslin cloth, till it turns crisp and brown from both the sides.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per khakhra
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.