by Tarla Dalal
This recipe has been viewed 960 times
The flavour of mango delivers a kick in this yummy kheer recipe!
A unique treat that combines the richness of vermicelli kheer with the fruity zing of mangoes, this mouth-watering dessert is just right to pamper yourself with on a lazy summer afternoon.
It is rich, creamy and smooth, with a memorable flavour that lingers on your palate. Relish it cold, garnished with chopped mangoes.
You can also try other kheer recipes like Paal Payasam or Makhane ki Kheer.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the vermicelli and sauté on a slow flame for 2 minutes or till it turns light brown in colour. Keep aside.
- Combine the milk and ½ cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the roasted vermicelli, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool completely, add the mango pulp and mix very well.
- Refrigerate for atleast 1 hour.
- Serve chilled garnished with mangoes.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.