Layered Fruit Sandesh
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 214 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 97597 times
A masterpiece that combines the joy of a fruit salad with the classic appeal of a Bengali delicacy, the Layered Fruit Sandesh is an eye-catching dessert in which layers of sweetened and spiced paneer alternate between layers of fruits like pomegranate, kiwi, apple and pineapple.
The juiciness and naturally vibrant flavours and textures of the fruits contrast beautifully with the mild-sweetness and succulence of the Sandesh. This dainty dessert is also a pretty sight, because of the contrasting colours of the fruits and the paneer.
After arranging the ingredients in glasses, refrigerate them for an hour to allow the layers to set, and then serve immediately.
If you don't like the flavour of kewda, try other flavours like Orange Sandesh or Rose Sandesh .
- Combine the paneer, icing sugar and kewda essence in a plate and knead it into soft dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Divide the paneer mixture into 20 equal portions.
- Take a shot glass, put one portion of the paneer mixture and spread it evenly and sprinkle little pomegranate evenly over it.
- Put one more portion of the paneer mixture, little kiwi, again one more portion of paneer mixture , little apple, finally one more portion of paneer mixture and little pineapple evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 4 more shot glasses.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.