by Tarla Dalal
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 50683 times
While Kokum Sherbet mixes are easily available in the market, nothing can beat the taste, pulpy texture and pristine aroma of this fresh and natural Kokum Sherbet, prepared in your own kitchen. Jeera and black salt are perfect flavorings for this tangy drink, which has an enjoyable texture thanks to a little smart thinking – of grinding half the kokum coarsely. Although the procedure seems to have more than half a dozen steps, we assure you that once you have soaked the kokum it will take just a couple of minutes to have this peppy drink ready in your hand. A very refreshing Indian Drinks / Sherbats .
- Combine the semi-dried kokum and ½ cup of water in a bowl, mix well and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Strain the kokum water and keep it aside.
- Blend the soaked kokum in a mixer using half the kokum water and blend till coarse. Keep aside.
- Combine the remaining half kokum water and sugar in a small non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl and allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the coarse kokum mixture and mix well. Strain it using a strainer.
- Add the roasted cumin seeds powder and black salt and mix well.
- When serving, add 2 tablespoon of this syrup into a tall glass along with ¾ cup of chilled water.
- Repeat step 8 to make 2 more glasses.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per glass
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.