Khamiri Green Peas Puris
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 263 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 61369 times
Khamiri green peas puri is a Rajasthani snack and a rather rich choice for that, since these puris have a scrumptious, semi-spicy green peas stuffing and are deep-fried in ghee.
- Sieve the flours and salt in a broad vessel.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and add sugar and ghee in the centre and mix them well.
- Add the yeast to it, pour 5 tbsp of warm water over it and wait for 5 minutes or until bubbles appear on top.
- Combine the yeast mixture and flour, mix well and knead into a semi-soft dough, using enough water.
- Knead well for 5 minutes and cover and keep aside for 20 to 30 minutes or until the dough doubles in size.
- Once again knead the dough well and divide it into 8 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add all the remaining ingredients and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the stuffing into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 75 mm. (3”) diameter thick round using a little plain flour.
- Spread a portion of the stuffing in the centre, fold the edges towards the centre and seal well so the stuffing does not spill out. Roll out again into 100 mm. (4”) round using a little plain flour.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 7 more puris.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai and deep-fry the puris, 1 to 2 at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per puri
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.