- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Ker Sangri in Hindi)
Added to 232 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 149831 times
A delightful bean and berry combo unique to Rajasthan, Ker Sangri is a traditional, spicy subzi made with the ker berry and the sangri bean. Cooked simply and easily with common ingredients like red chillies, carom seeds and a couple of spice powders. Ker Sangri is nevertheless extremely tasty, leaving a lingering taste on your tongue. The addition of raisins brings out the brilliance of this recipe, as it enhances the flavour of all the spicy ingredients while also providing sweet respites in every spoonful.
- Combine the ker, sangri and salt along with 2½ cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Drain the water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the carom seeds, asafoetida and red chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked ker-sangri, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, dried mango powder, raisins and a little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.