Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2226 times
Do not use too much lemon juice as it will make the salad soggy.
the cold salad and warm pouch make an interesting contrast.
- Wash sprouted moong under running water and set aside.
- Skin and dice cucumber into small bits.
- Deseed and dice tomatoes.
- Scoop balls out of the musk melon.
- Grate paneer into large flakes.
- Dice apple into small bits- remove seeds but leave the skin on for colour.
- Peel pomegranate and separate the seeds.
- Toss all above ingredients in a larg deep bowl. season with salt and black pepper powder.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice over this and mix well.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
- Mix the flour, salt and water and knead as for chapatis.
- Roll out the dough into soft, thin rounds of 5 inches diameter.
- Partly roast on a hot tava and then directly on the flame to make a soft phulka.
- Repeat to make 4 phulkas.
- Allow steam to escape and place one serving of salad into the centre of phulka.
- Pick up the edges and tie with a strand of lemon grass like a potli.
- Serve while the pouch is still warm.
This recipe was contributed by manua on 02 Jul 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.