Making a perfect melon ball is quite easy. Wash the muskmelon and place it on a chopping board. Cut the muskmelon into small half with a sharp chopping knife. Remove the rind from both the halves of the muskmelon and deseed them. Now, press the melon baller firmly into the meat of the melon. Then lift the baller so that it stands straight inside the melon (as if you were opening a beer bottle with an opener). Then turn the baller clockwise using your wrist and pull out to get a perfect muskmelon ball. These dainty looking pieces of fruit are usually served with cocktails or in salads.
muskmelon used in Indian drinks
1. Muskmelon, Orange and Coconut Drink : The unusual combination of muskmelon, orange and coconut water lends a refreshing flavour to this drink. Tender coconut water adds a tingling sensation to the tangy flavour of orange, while muskmelon gives a soothing texture and pleasant scent to it.
A touch of black salt perks up the Muskmelon, Orange and Coconut Drink further, but you can also do without it, if you prefer. Sugar can also be avoided or reduced if the fruits are naturally very sweet.
2. Summer is incomplete without mangoes and melons, and delightful treats made with them. Here is a refreshing Muskmelon Drink with Cardamom, which is sure to refresh you on a hot summer’s day.
3. MuskMelon Black Grape Drink : Here's a happy cleansing drink that will protect your skin from the harmful toxins and make it glow! Melons have high content of water and thus act as diuretic hydrating our body and eliminating toxins from our body.
Healthy Muskmelon Indian drinks
1. Muskmelon and Orange Juice is an ultimate healing juice, ideal as an immune booster due to its high vitamin A levels. Vitamin A (Beta-carotene) is a potent antioxidant that delays ageing, fights cancers, promotes greater concentration and aids in mental alertness.
Besides melon's diuretic and cleansing power, its seeds are just as good. Rich in potassium, which helps to lower high blood pressure, they are also valued for their zinc and vitamin E content. So do not forget to add a few.
A dash of lemon juice perks up the mild flavour of muskmelon, transforming the drink into a tongue-tickling one, which is sure to appeal to everybody.
Salads using Muskmelon
1. The combination of fruits being so interesting, the Muskmelon Grapefruit and Prune Salad does not even require a dressing. A brilliant combination of ingredients with complementary flavours and textures makes this a strikingly tasty salad!
A sprinkling of sunflower seeds for crunch, and a dash of salt and pepper is all that the salad needs for a flavour boost.