Homemade Pizza Sauce with Fresh Tomatoes
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 255 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 128716 times
homemade pizza sauce | homemade pizza sauce with fresh tomatoes | indian pizza sauce | with 22 amazing images
homemade pizza sauce is a classic Italian recipe . This is a blend of harmonious flavors of ripe tomatoes with onion, peppercorns and oregano.
I often make large quantities of this indian pizza sauce when tomatoes are in season and freeze it in an air-tight container. That way I am always ready to serve Pizzas in a hurry all year round.
Nothing to beat homemade pizza sauce with fresh tomatoes as we use the freshest ingredients in the recipe with zero preservatives compared to processed bottled pizza sauce. Even better, we use very little sugar and the ripest of tomatoes to make homemade pizza sauce.
You can use this homemade pizza sauce with fresh tomatoes recipe for a pasta sauce. Dilute the sauce using water and add 2 tablespoons fresh cream to mellow the sauce a little and toss cooked pasta in it. You can add your favourite herbs too, like a few leaves of basil.
We have used this homemade pizza sauce in recipes like Veg Stuffed Cheesy Pizza Balls, Hariyali Paneer Potato Pancake, Mexican Tomato and Bean Hakka Noodles, Italian Sizzler, Pizza Burgers and many more.
Enjoy how to make homemade pizza sauce recipe with detailed step by step photos below.
- To make pizza sauce, make criss-cross on the base of the tomatoes and place them in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes or till the skin begins to peel.
- Drain the tomatoes, cool slightly, peel, deseed and roughly chop them and blend in a mixer to a smooth pulp. Keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared tomato pulp, oregano, chilli flakes, tomato ketchup, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Store the pizza sauce in an air- tight container and use as required.
Homemade Pizza Sauce with Fresh Tomatoes recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.