How many calories does one tbsp Home Made Pizza Sauce Recipe have?
One tbsp Home Made Pizza Sauce Recipe gives 22 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 10 calories, proteins account for 2 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 10 calories. One tbsp Home Made Pizza Sauce Recipe provides about 1 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Home Made Pizza Sauce Recipe. A classic Italian recipe. This is a blend of harmonious flavors of ripe tomatoes with onion, peppercorns and oregano. I often make large quantities of this sauce when tomatoes are in season and freeze it in an air-tight container. That way I am always ready to serve Pizzas in a hurry. You can use this recipe for a pasta sauce. Dilute the sauce using water and add 2 tablespoons fresh cream to mellow the sauce a little and toss cooked pasta in it. You can add your favourite herbs too, like a few leaves of basil. We have used this sauce in recipes like Veg Stuffed Cheesy Pizza Balls, Hariyali Paneer Potato Pancake, Mexican Tomato and Bean Hakka Noodles, Italian Sizzler, Pizza Burgers and many more. Enjoy how to make Pizza Sauce recipe with detailed step by step photos below.
Is Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
2. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin which promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
3. Garlic : Garlic has been proven to lower cholesterol. The active ingredient allicin present in garlic aids in lowering blood pressure. Garlic is also alleged to help regulate blood glucose levels for diabetics. Garlic is great for the heart and circulatory system. Read here for complete benefits of garlic.
4. Olive Oil : Olive oil is a strong antioxidant and good for heart. Also its has anti inflammation properties. Note that its a fat at the end of the day so don't consume too much.
What's the problem?
1. Sugar : Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. To live a healthy life, try and cut sugar which from your diet. It requires a slow and deliberate attempt to do it. Find hidden sugar in packaged foods and drinks and stop having those products. Did you know that a can of your favourite soft drink is estimated to have 1/2 cup of sugar. Refinded carbohydrates like maida, sugar, bread, pasta, noodles and sugar on consumption get stored as unhealthy fat in the body.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Homemade Pizza Sauce ?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. This recipe uses fresh ingredients and nothing healthier than homemade pizza sauce. ZERO preservatives added. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend. The quercetin in onions promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. Garlic is also alleged to help regulate blood glucose levels for diabetics.
Usage of sugar in the recipe is so little, that it has no impact on the pizza sauce recipe.
Can healthy individuals have Homemade Pizza Sauce ?
Yes, this is healthy.
Home Made Pizza Sauce Recipe is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 22 calories that come from Home Made Pizza Sauce Recipe?
Walking (6 kmph) = 7 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 2 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 3 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 4 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.