Hari Mirchi Paratha, Green Chilli Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12865 times
An exciting treat for your palate, the Hari Mirchi Paratha gives you the delightful flavour of green chillies, at acceptable spice levels.
Here, the whole wheat flour parathas are stuffed with a tongue-tickling mixture of deseeded light green chillies perked up with cumin and nigella seeds, and cooked with oodles of oil to get the authentic Delhi touch.
You need to keep some pointers in mind when making this paratha. Use only light green chillies and deseed them properly. Otherwise, it will be so spicy that nobody will be able to eat it. Wash your hands thoroughly after chopping the chillies, and in case you have sensitive skin, you can rub a little oil on your hands before chopping the chillies, to avoid a burning sensation.
These parathas are super tasty, and since they are moderately spicy, you don’t need any special accompaniment. Just curds will do!
You can also try other recipes like Chole Tikki Chaat and Samosa .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds and nigella seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place 1½ tsp of stuffing in the centre of the circle. Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly. Roll again into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha using a little oil till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve immediately with fresh curds.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.