Gujarati Kadhi (gujatathi Kadhi)
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8690 times
Perfect the art of creating the authentic gujarati kadhi by simmering the buttermilk and besan mixture together and enjoying it with a tempering of curry leaves, mustard seeds and chillies. Pair the slightly sweet gujarati kadhi with boiled rice.
- Mix the gram flour, curds and 3 teacups of water. Beat.
- Add the chilli-ginger paste, curry leaves, sugar and salt and put to boil.
- Boil whilst stirring for a while.
- Prepare the tempering by heating the ghee and frying the cumin and mustard seeds until they turn brown. Add the asafoetida and red chilli.
- Add the tempering to the kadhi and boil for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle coriander on top and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by akshara-vats on 09 Sep 2010
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.