Garlic Tomato Salsa
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 50% LIKED IT
1 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 117 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18918 times
A quick Mexican accompaniment with the irresistible flavour and aroma of herbs and chilli flakes, the Garlic Tomato Salsa is a perfect accompaniment for baked nachos or any other baked chips. It can also be used as a topping for rolls, wraps, quesadillas and more. Since it is made with modest, non-starchy ingredients like tomatoes, spring onions and garlic, all cooked in just a teaspoon of oil, this Garlic Tomato Salsa is favourably low on calories.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the spring onion whites and greens and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally and mashing lightly using a potato masher.
- Add the salt, chilli flakes, mixed herbs, sugar, coriander and 1 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Cool slightly and serve with baked tortilla chips.
Nutrient values per tablespoon
|Energy|| 9 kcal|
|Protein|| 0.2 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 1.0 gm|
|Fat|| 0.5 gm.|
|Fibre|| 0.3 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.