Fresh Pineapple and Dry Fruit Roll
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 274 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28215 times
This recipe adds a fruity dimension to the all-time favourite dry fruit roll! Freshly-made pineapple puree and cashews and cooked into a katli like mixture, which is then shaped into cylinders and rolled in assorted chopped dry fruits.
While the base roll has a rich and fruity flavour, the outer layer of nuts and dry fruits adds an exciting crunch and more flavours to it.
The Fresh Pineapple and Dry Fruit Roll is a real sweet treat, which will be loved by young and old alike. It stays good for two days, if refrigerated.
You can also try other sweets like the Kaju Kopra Sheera and the Anjeer Halwa .
- Combine the saffron strands and warm milk in a small bowl, mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the pineapple cubes and ½ cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame 5 minutes, while stirirng occasionally.
- Cool completely and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the pineapple purée and sugar, mix well and cook on a slow flame for approx. 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cashewnut powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 20 to 25 minutes, while stirring continously using a whisk.
- Add the cardamom powder and safrron-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes, while stirirng continously.
- Let the pineapple cashew mixture cool completely.
- Divide this mixture into 10 equal portions, roll out each portion into 50 mm. (2”) cylindrical shape.
- Roll each portion into the mixed nuts till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Serve immediately or store it in air-tight container. Use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.