Fafda Chutney, Besan Chutney
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11613 times
A breakfast of Fafda served with this Besan Chutney is every Gujarati’s idea of a perfect start to Sunday or any holiday. It may be made at home or bought readymade.
Also enjoyed on Holi and other holidays this awesome chutney amazes you with its brilliant flavour and mouth-feel. What makes it unique is that it’s homely yet there’s something special about it.
The tempering of ginger and green chillies and the final touch of lemon give the besan chutney a superb taste. Thr Fafda Chutney tends to thicken after a while so add a little water before serving if required.
Team up the fafdas with Jalebi and Gujarati Raw Papaya Chutney .
Add your private note
Fafda Chutney, Besan Chutney recipe - How to make Fafda Chutney, Besan Chutney
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 1.5 cups (21 tbsp )
- Combine the besan, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and 1¾ cups of water in a deep bowl and whisk well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies, ginger, curry leaves and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the besan-water mixture and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve immediately with fafda.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.