Dry Pasta Jar Snack, Gluten Free Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Dry Pasta Jar Snack, Gluten Free Recipe in Hindi)
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20822 times
Children will relish this crunchy treat made by half-boiling gluten free pasta and then deep-frying it before tossing with fragrant mixed herbs or any other seasoning.
Experiment with different pasta shapes and colours, taking care not to over-boil the pasta to prevent breakage while frying.
Herbed Sticks , Caramel Popcorn and Cheese Straws are other jar snacks that kids will enjoy.
- Boil a vesselful of water in a broad non-stick pan, add the oil, salt and pasta in it and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes or till the pasta is 50% cooked, while stirring twice in between to avoid the pasta from sticking to the pan. Drain and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the mixed herbs, pepper powder and a little salt in a small bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick kadhai and deep-fry the pasta, a few at a time, till they are crisp and brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper, sprinkle the herb-pepper masala on it and toss well.
- Cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.