by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15725 times
Although a variant of the humble chakli, Herbed Sticks deserves the exotic name because of the unique flavour that this finger food derives from mixed herbs, commonly used in Italian cuisine. Herbed Sticks shows how common ingredients, a spot of creativity and a little knowledge of world cuisines can help turn out unforgettable foods.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-stiff dough using little water.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions and put one portion of the dough into a chakli press.
- Press out into 50mm. (2”) long strips on a flat, dry surface.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai and deep-fry the sticks, a few at a time, on a medium flame till they turn light brown in colour and crisp from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values per cup
|Vitamin A||163.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||5.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.