by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7934 times
Nothing like a bucket of Caramel Popcorn to munch on when watching a movie or chatting with friends. A crunchy treat with the delightfully rich aroma and taste of caramel, this popcorn recipe is much-loved by kids and adults.
This popcorn is meant to be sweet, but just add a pinch of salt, which helps to highlight the sweetness. However, you must take care not to add too much salt.
Have a go at other exciting popcorn treats like the Spiced Sesame Popcorn and Rocky Road Popcorn Balls .
- Heat the butter and salt in a pressure cooker, add the dry corn kernels and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Cover the pressure cooker with a lid, but do not close it completely, cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes without a whistle. Keep aside.
- Put the sugar in a deep non-stick pan, cook on a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while tilting the pan occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the prepared popcorn and mix well.
- Place them on a big plate or thali and cool completely.
- Separate them lightly with your fingers.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container. Use as required.
Caramel Popcorn by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||211.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.