Nutty Caramel Cigars
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19921 times
Crisp rolls with a date and nut stuffing, deep-fried and served with hot caramel sauce drizzled over it.
- Combine the sugar, oil and ½ cup of water in a pan and cook over a high flame till the mixture starts bubbling.
- Lower the flame and allow the mixture to caramelize without stirring. If required shake the pan gently to prevent the sugar from burning around the edges of the pan.
- When the syrup is light brown in colour, remove from the flame. Keep warm.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the dates and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Cool and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Add the mixed nuts and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 18 equal portions and keep aside.
- Cut each samosa patti into 3 to get 75 mm. x 62 mm. (3" x 2½") rectangular pieces. You will get 18 pieces in all.
- Place one samosa patti piece on a flat surface and place one portion of the filling at one corner. Roll it up tightly starting from the end where the filling is placed to make a cigar.
- Seal the edge of the samosa patti piece using a little of the plain flour paste.
- Repeat with the remaining pattis and filling to make 17 more cigars.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the cigars till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with caramel sauce.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cigar
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.