Spiced Sesame Popcorn
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 282 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24617 times
You are sure to have tasted popcorn with savoury tinges of salt, chilli powder and even pepper or chaat masala, but here is something that is totally innovative and sure to please your taste buds! Spiced Sesame Popcorn features a tempering of sesame and cumin seeds along with an exciting garnish of grated cheese, thereby entering the good books of both kids and adults!
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker, add the maize kernels and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Cover with a lid and cook on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till you hear the popping sound.
- When the corn stops popping, switch off the flame and open the lid of the pressure cooker (refer handy tip). Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the sesame seeds and cumin seeds, chilli powder and salt, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Switch off the flame and add the prepared popcorn and mix well.
- Sprinkle the cheese and serve immediately.
- At step 2, do not put the gasket and whistle on the lid of the pressure cooker, to allow the steam to escape and avoid the popcorn from turning soggy.
Spiced Sesame Popcorn Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||182.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.