by Tarla Dalal
Added to 57 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19515 times
Cheese-based tidbits do not have to be store bought. Here is how you can make crispy cheese straws at home to amaze the kids at home. While it might take a little practice to master this, it is not so difficult if you follow the instructions to the t. What is more, it does not even call for any exotic ingredients – just simple stuff readily available in your larder, a bit of love, and an element of surprise!
- Sieve the flour and add the salt.
- Rub the butter into the flour with finger tips till the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the cheese and chilli powder and mix well.
- Add ice-cold water (approx. 1 tablespoon) and make a dough.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured board to 6 mm. (1/4") thickness.
- Cut into long strips with a fluted cutter and give 2 twists.
- Arrange the straws on an ungreased baking dish and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values per straw
|Vitamin A||61.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.