Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15219 times
Cucumber halwa is an innovative sweet dish prepared from grated cucumber or kaakri cooked with sugar, ghee and spices like cardamom. A delicious dessert dish which can be served as a snack or after meal sweet!
Add your private note
Cucumber Halwa recipe - How to make Cucumber Halwa
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Peel the skin of 1 cucumber and grate it nicely.
- Peel the skin of another cucumber, cut it into pieces and grind in mixer as paste.
- Separate juice from cucumber paste.
- Add paste to grated cucumber.
- Add sugar to cucumber juice and heat.
- Add ghee and grated cucumber slowly to it.
- Add powdered camphor to this and switch of the flame. after it cools down, keep it for 3-4 hours in the fridge.
- Sprinkle rose water on it and serve.
This recipe was contributed by lekhasanath on 19 May 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.