Creamy Zaffrani Shorba
by Amarendra Mulye
This recipe has been viewed 2231 times
Zaffran means Saffron or Kesar. Zaffrani Shorba is an interesting, rich and aromatic Mughlai Soup that has flavours of spices. A bowl of this Shorba will make your day.
- Heat Butter in a pan, add the bayleaf, cloves, Cinnamon, Mace and peppercorns, mix well and saute it for a minute.
- Add water and boil it for 20-30 minutes and add Saffron.
- Switch off the flame and keep it aside for atleast 30 minutes.
- Strain and keep aside.
- Heat butter in a pan and add the garlic and onions and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and saute it for two minutes.
- Add the carrots and saute for more 2 minutes.
- Add milk to the vegetables and mix well and then add the green chillies, mix well and cook the mixture till the moisture in the milk evaporates.
- Add the besan and mix till the mixture becomes thick and dry.
- Allow it to cool for some time and transfer it into a blender and blend it into a smooth paste.
- Add some Stock while blending in order to make the mixture smooth.
- Transfer the paste into a pan, add the remaining stock to the paste and heat the mixture till one boil.
- Add salt and sugar and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Amarendra Mulye on 11 Feb 2014I am complete foodie and love to indulge into variety of food items. I love trying out and learning ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.