Creamy Pumpkin Risotto
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1621 times
Risotto is an Italian one-dish meal of rice and cheese cooked with other ingredients. It has a khichdi like consistency, which is very comforting and soothing to the palate, while also being very satiating.
In this Creamy Pumpkin Risotto, we have thrown in a smart assortment of delicious ingredients to make it super tasty. While cream and pumpkin sauce give it a soft, luscious mouth-feel, a splash of herbs and pungent veggies like onion and garlic give it a lip-smacking flavour!
Something that’s sure to make you lick your fingers, the Creamy Pumpkin Risotto is a blissful one-dish meal, which will prove to be better than even a full spread!
Enjoy other Italian recipes like the Creamy Beetroot Risotto or Italian Style Baby Potatoes .
- Combine the roughly chopped pumpkin and enough water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Drain and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the rosemary, onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the arborio rice and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add ½ cup of vegetable stock, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the vegetable stock gets evaporated, while stirring occasionally.
- Repeat step 3 with the remaining 2½ cups of vegetable stock.
- Add the remaining 1 cup of vegetable stock and the chopped pumpkin, salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the prepared pumpkin sauce, cheese and fresh cream, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||250.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||10.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.