Dalia Vegetable Risotto
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 177 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 54902 times
The Italian make risotto with a special variety of rice that is called arborio. I have used bulgur wheat as a substitute for rice in this recipe to enrich this delicacy with fibre to help control blood sugar levels after a hearty and satisfying meal.
The colourful veggies in this dish makes them extremely appealing and also irresistible due to their aromatic flavours while being cooked.
This Dalia Vegetable Risotto is a storehouse of nutrients like protein, vitamin A, vitamin C, iron as well as fibre. Cook this dish as close to the serving time as possible, as it is best enjoyed as a one dish meal when freshly prepared.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum, mushroom, brinjal, zucchini, green peas and chilli-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the bulgur wheat, salt and 1½ cups of water, mix well and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk and dried herbs, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
Nutrient values per serving
|Amt|| 124 gm|
|Energy|| 205 kcal|
|Protein|| 7.6 gm|
|Cho|| 38.1 gm|
|Fat|| 2.6 gm|
|Vit-A|| 174.8 mcg|
|Vit-C|| 27.0 mg|
|Calcium|| 119.5 mg|
|Iron|| 2.6 mg|
|F.Acid|| 10.2 mcg|
|Fibre|| 1.9 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.