Broccoli, Cheese and Chilli Quesadillas ( Exotic Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 107 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 73626 times
Maize flour and whole wheat flour add a healthy twist to the tortilla tale! And i’m sure you’ll love these – who doesn’t, when good taste comes with health! These tortillas can be made in bulk and stored in the deep freezer.
Use them to make as many dishes as you like-I have used them to make quesadillas and enchiladas, and even baked them to make chips etc – there are uses galore for this healthy and filling Mexican delicacy. I have used an uncommon veggie like broccoli in this recipe, to harness its unique taste.
The stuffing is simple and easy-to-make, yet very delicious. Cheese is rich in protein and calcium but very fattening, hence i have only used it in moderate amounts, and that too I've used mozzarella cheese that is low in calories and fat compared to cooking cheese.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a tortilla on a flat, dry surface, place a portion of the stuffing in the centre and spread it evenly.
- Place another tortilla over the stuffing and press it lightly to seal the edges.
- Cook on a non-stick tava (griddle) till both the sides are golden brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and stuffing to make 3 more quesadillas.
- Cut each into 50 mm. (2”) square pieces and serve hot.
- Serve hot.
- This recipe has been developed only to satisfy the ocassionally craving of a diabetic for exotic dishes as it contains certain ingredeints which need to be used restrictively. Hence this does not qualify as a regular everyday meal.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per quesadilla
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.