Creamy Mixed Vegetable Toast Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 28 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11016 times
In this mouth-watering creation, buttery bread slices freckled with aromatic sesame seeds are toasted with a creamy filling of hung curds and mayonnaise perked up with crunchy veggies.
A seasoning of herbs and spices gives the Creamy Mixed Vegetable Toast Sandwich a very appetizing aroma and irresistible flavour. The texture of this sandwich is also very special, because you can distinctly feel the crunchiness of the toast as well as the creaminess of the filling in every bite.
To achieve this, it is important to hang the curds for enough time, till all the water drains and the curd is really tick. Otherwise, the filling will turn soggy as you mix the ingredients together.
Try other toast recipes like Toast with Spinach Dip and Moong Dal Toast .
- Divide the filling into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), put ½ tbsp of butter and 1 tsp of sesame seeds and cook for a few seconds.
- Place 2 bread slices on it and cook till both the sides are light brown in colour from one side.
- Place a portion of the prepared filling on 1 toasted bread slice, cover it with another toasted bread slice and cook for a few seconds or till the sandwich turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 3 more sandwiches.
- Serve hot.
Creamy Mixed Vegetable Toast Sandwich video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per sandwiche
|Vitamin A||493.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||18.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||8.4 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.