Cold Asparagus Rolls
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 46 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41481 times
A cold and creamy starter that’s just perfect to serve on a hot summer’s day, the Cold Asparagus Roll kindles your appetite with its enticing crunch and peppy flavour.
Quite easy to make, this starter involves rolling up bread with a creamy spread and juicy and tasty ingredients like lettuce, asparagus and chives.
The flavour of mustard in the cheesy and buttery spread gives a very enjoyable element of pungency to the rolls. It is very important to use fresh bread to make these rolls, otherwise the bread will break and you cannot roll it well.
Once assembled, stow it into the fridge immediately in an airtight container and wait for at least an hour before serving. It stays good for at least a day.
Ideal to serve at parties , this starter will be loved by all! Try other party starter recipes like Paneer Cheese Balls or Ravioli Samosa .
- Remove the crust from all the bread slices and discard them.
- Flatten each bread slice using a rolling pin.
- Place a bread slice on a clean, dry surface and spread ½ tbsp of the prepared spread evenly over it using a butter knife.
- Place a few lettuce pieces on one side of the bread slice, 1 canned asparagus spears evenly over it.
- Finally top it with ½ tsp of chives evenly over it.
- Roll it up tightly.
- Cut into 2 equal portions using a sharp knife.
- Repeat steps 3 to 7 to make 5 more rolls.
- Place them in an air-tight container and refrigerate for atelast 1 hour and serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roll
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.