Coconut Quinoa with Coconut Curry
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5830 times
This sumptuous dish requires some time to prepare, but it will surely bowl you over with its exotic and exciting flavour and mouth-feel. To start with, the quinoa is cooked in coconut milk, which gives it a very soothing taste.
This Coconut Quinoa is then served with a luscious Coconut Curry, which features a bunch of delicious veggies, a dash of spices and a dose of sumptuous veggie stock too. Red chillies give the Coconut Curry a mild spiciness while tomatoes give it an interesting tanginess. A garnish of mint leaves and a squeeze of lemon adds to the effect, making the Coconut Quinoa with Coconut Curry a top scorer!
Besides Coconut Quinoa you can serve the Coconut Curry with rotis like Bajra Roti , Jowar Bajra Garlic Roti , Bejar Roti , Appa , Makai ki Roti or Chapatis .
- Combine the quinoa, coconut milk , salt and 1½ cups of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Lower the flame and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Cover with a lid, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients along with 2 cups of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Strain the water using a strainer and discard the vegetables. Keep aside.
- Combine the cornflour and 1 tbsp of water in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the kashmiri dry red chilli, garlic, ginger and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the capsicum, broccoli, carrot, curry powder, turmeric powder, salt and pepper and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the prepared stock, coconut milk, cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, re-heat the coconut curry.
- Pour the prepared coconut curry over the coconut quinoa.
- Serve immediately garnished with mint leaves and lemon juice.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.