Chunky Asparagus Delight
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12472 times
Whirled to a delicate smoothness and lightness, this mixture is heartily loaded with asparagus and an interesting flavoring of agar agar, sour cream and Tabasco sauce.
- Boil the asparagus in water till they become tender. Keep aside.
- Mix the vegetable stock and agar agar and boil till the agar agar melts.
- Strain the liquid and add salt. Mix gently.
- Arrange the asparagus stem in a 3" x 5" baking dish and pour the agar agar mixture on top of it.
- Once the mixture is set cut into squares.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour. Remove and cut into 8 bite sized pieces
- Place one asparagus mousse piece on a cream cracker, top with some sour cream.
- Serve immediately along with Tabasco or Capsico Sauce.
Nutrient values per piece
|Vitamin A||71.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.