Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2584 times
1. points to remember :
2. make sure that the milk is lukewarm while adding the citric acid mixture. do not shock hot milk as it will affect the quality of the chenna.
3. always use cow's milk for making chenna as it has a low fat content.
4. if you use buffalo's milk, let the milk rest after boiling it and then discard the skin that is formed.
5. always use fresh chenna for making rasgullas.
- dissolve the citric acid in 1/2 cup of water and keep aside.
- bring the milk to a boil in a pan, stirring continuously.
- remove from the fire and stir for 5 to 7 minutes till the milk is slightly cool.
- add the citric acid solution and stir the milk gently.
- the milk mill curdle and the whey will separate. the whey has to be clear thus indicating the milk has completely curdled. allow it to rest for 3 to 4 minutes.
- strain out all the whey using a clean damp muslin cloth.
- fold all the 4 sides of the muslin cloth and twirl it gently so that all the whey that is in the milk solids gets evenly drained out.
- Gather the cloth from all 4 sides and squeeze the chenna lightly about 3 to 4 times so that most of the whey gets drained out.
- Remove the chenna onto a clean plate and knead gently so that it is free of lumps and take care not to apply too much pressure while kneading the chenna.
- it is advisable to use this almost immediately.
- use as required.
This recipe was contributed by pragya bharti on 30 Aug 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.