Caramel Custard, Caramel Custard with Eggs
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 198 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 129405 times
Caramel Custard is an exotic treat for kids and adults alike. Luscious vanilla-tinged custard prepared with milk, eggs and sugar is way more classy than the custard made with readymade powders.
When filled into caramel cups and baked, it turns into a fabulous dessert that exposes your palate to exquisite textures and tastes. Make sure you serve it chilled.
When menu planning Desserts for Entertaining , be sure to include the all time favourite Caramel Custard.
- Heat the sugar and 1½ tbsp of water in a small non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring continuously or till it caramelizes.
- Pour equal quantities of the caramel mixture in 6 aluminum moulds of 75 mm. (3”) diameter. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Combine the egg and sugar in a deep bowl, mix well using a whisk.
- Add the vanilla essence and gradually add the milk while whisking it continuously till the sugar dissolves.
- Strain the mixture using a strainer.
- Pour equal amounts of mixture into each of the 6 caramelized aluminium moulds and keep aside.
- Take an aluminium tray, fill it with 1 ½ cups of water, place the 6 moulds at equal intervals.
- Cover with an aluminium foil and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc (360ºf) for 25 minutes.
- Cool slightly and refrigerate. Just before serving demould it and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.