Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2205 times
Rice powder should be dissolved in cold water,otherwise lumps will be formed.
Add your private note
Capsicum stew recipe - How to make Capsicum stew
Cooking Time: Total Time:
Capsicum - 3 Nos(Cut into blocks and deseeded)
Green chillies - 6 Nos. slitted
Small Onions -10 Nos.
Garlic cloves - 10 Nos.
Haldi Powder- 1/4 Teaspoon
Hing - pinch
Salt - 11/2 Teaspoon
Sambar Powder 1/2 teaspoon
Tamarind - lemon size
Rice powder - 1 spoon
Mustard seeds/Fenugreek/Urad dal/Jeera for seasoning
- 1.heat 2 teaspoon oil add mustard seeds,fenugreek,urad dal,jeera and hing.
- 2.saute small onions and garlic until they turn light brown.
- 3.add capsicum and green chillies and saute them for 3 minutes util cooked.
- 4.add salt,haldi and sambar powder.then add tamarind juice and one and half cup of water.
- 4.boil this mixture until raw smell goes off.
- 5.then dissolve rice powder in water and add it to the boiling mixture.
- Bring to boil for another 2 mins.
- Once its ready it can be eaten along with rice,idlis,appams or dosas.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#397106 on 14 Jan 2008
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.