Broccoli Cheese Puffs
This recipe has been viewed 8339 times
Broccoli cheese puffs are an amazing crispy flaky puff recipe with the pastry sheets lined with cheese slices nd topped with broccoli spears before sealing. Bake these broccoli filled puffs and enjoy as a delightful snack or appetizer with green salad
- Carefully wash the broccoli spears and trim the stalks short. put in a boiling, lighly salted water.simmer for about 5 minutes or untill just tender, drain through a colander.
- Roll the pastry thinlyand cut into eight equal size squares with 4 in.(100mm.) sides.cut the cheese into four slicesand trim them a little narrower than the pastry squares; cut in half.
- Lay a slice of cheese over half of each pastry square, arrange two broccoli spears on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Beat the egg and brush over the pastry edges. fold over the pastry and seal the edges firmly.
- Set the pastry parcels on a damp baking sheet, make three slits in each and brush the top with egg.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for about 20 minutes, or untill risen and golden.gas mark 7, 220 c.
This recipe was contributed by RIMS1 on 20 Feb 2004I love cooking as well as painting. I am basically an introvert person. But doesn't likes if to some...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.