Black Jamun Ice - Cream
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 88 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 60854 times
The enzyme 'jamboline' present in black jamun is considered to be a boon for diabetics. That makes this rich and creamy Black Jamun Ice-cream that is made with low-fat milk sweetened with sugar substitute and thickened with 2 tbsp of cornflour instead of fattening cream..a lovely treat for the diabetic sweet tooth! It is perhaps the tastiest way to derive the benefits of black jamun although it should ideally be had raw.
- Combine the cornflour and ½ cup of milk in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Boil the remaining 2 cups of milk in a deep non-stick pan on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the black jamun pulp and sugar substitute and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for 6 hours or till semi-set.
- Pour the mixture into a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for approx. 10 hours or till set.
- Scoop and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.