Black Bean Hummus
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3337 times
Hummus is a wonderful accompaniment , which can be served with Lavash or as a dip with your favourite finger foods .
Here is an unusual hummus recipe made with black beans and black sesame seeds. It has an intense, rustic flavour, which is further enhanced by toppings like black olives and sesame seeds. Garlic, green chillies and a touch of lemon juice give this Black Bean Hummus an irresistibly tongue-tickling taste.
A must-have on your starter spread! You can also try other Hummus recipes like Thecha Hummus or Herbed Hummus .
- Heat the black sesame seeds in a small non-stick pan and dry roast on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Transfer into a plate and cool completely.
- Once cooled, blend in a mixer along with 1 tbsp olive oil till smooth.
- Add all the other ingredients and approx. ¼ cup of water and blend till smooth.
- Transfer into an air-tight container and top it with the olive oil, black olives and finally white sesame seeds.
- Serve chilled with lavash.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.