Banana Pindi(stem) Salad
This recipe has been viewed 7988 times
Banana Pindi (stem) Salad is a common salad recipe in Southern states of India. The banana stems are cut into roundels and then seasoned with mustard seeds, chillies, curry leaves and enjoyed as side dish with rice or roti.
- Cut the banana stem into roundels.
- Remove all the excess fibre from the rounds and wash in water.
- Cut into small cubes, till use immerse it water to avoid discoloration.
- Cut chillies into small pieces
- Soak moong dhal for 1 hr and drain water from it.
- Mix banana stem pieces,moong dhal,chillies,lemon juice,salt.
- Prepare tadka with mustard seeds,urad dhal and hing and add to the above mixture.
- Mix well and let the flavours blend for 1 hour.
- Serve chilled or eat alone for a filling low calorie/cholesterol food.
This recipe was contributed by vidhsur on 03 Oct 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.