Baked Stuffed Tomatoes
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 264 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 62929 times
A sumptuous mixture of low-fat paneer and assorted veggies is baked inside juicy tomatoes, resulting in an aesthetic yet healthy 80-calorie appetiser.Tomatoes give vitamin A, low-fat paneer gives calcium while the fibre is derived from mixed veggies. The best part is that you can prepare this nutrient-dense Baked Stuffed Tomatoes quite easily, without any long and laborious processes!
- Cut the tops of the tomatoes and scoop out the center pulp. Chop the scooped tomatoes and keep aside along with the pulp.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and green chilies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the mixed vegetables, paneer, salt and tomato pulp, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and stuff each scooped tomato with a portion of the mixture.
- Arrange the stuffed tomatoes on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serve
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.