Apricot Sauce, Used in Desserts
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16558 times
Easy to make, beautiful to behold and absolutely tasty, the Apricot Sauce has all the attributes you would desire in a dessert topping! Above all, it has a really tanatalising aroma, which is sure to draw everybody’s attention. The use of lemon juice seems to accentuate the aroma further, while also giving the sauce a refreshing tang.
This Apricot Sauce adds a lovely touch to desserts like mousses , puddings and pies It takes less than ten minutes to cook, blend and strain this sauce. You just need to remember to soak the dried apricots an hour earlier.
- Wash the apricots, add enough hot water and apricots in a deep bowl and soak for 1 hour. Drain.
- Deseed and roughly chop them.
- Combine the apricots, sugar and 1½ cups of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Cool completely and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Strain the mixture using a strainer.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well. Use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.